I have, in ten years of marriage, realized that this marriage thing takes WORK. (Yes, I'm a little slow.)
My husband is a hard-working, educated, kind man. He is good with the kids, he has faith in God and he doesn't really like sports (bonus). But the most important things: he loves God and he loves me. And when it comes down to it, that's where our arguments end, disagreements fade, and where understanding begins.
It's our common ground, our cornerstone and our new beginning. Because I Love God and I love my husband.
As my husband and I continue our faith adventure and face the ups and does of life if we both focus on God and grow closer to God then we also have a more meaningful relationship with each other, and we argue less.
1 Corinthians 13:4 says "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
It's my job to remember these instructions aren't only for my husband but that I am those things for him- I am called to be patient, kind, and not to envy, boast or have pride.
Father God, Thank you for my husband and the covenant of marriage that we share. You are the God of enduring love for your people. Father I praise you today for your love and teaching me to love the way that you do. In Jesus' name- Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment