For the times I want to remember and share with others.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Learning something new

I have been a born again Christian for about 18 months. But, there is one instance that stands out to me when I really  KNEW that God was changing me.  I was listening to the radio, on the Christian station, and Dr. David Jeremiah was talking about being a "submissive wife."  Now, my old self would have immediately turned the station and thought, WHATEVER!  But, I didn't turn the station.  I listened.  And I agreed with what was being taught! 

My note to self today isn't about being a submissive wife but it's about having an open heart and mind to Biblical teaching that doesn't line up with what I had thought to be true.  Because I learned that night that submissive doesn't mean doormat, weak or quiet like I had thought.

The next morning I signed up to receive a daily devotional by Dr. David Jeremiah and I have been blessed many times via email with Biblical truths and God's promises explained in a way that I ccould understand. 

This is from today's devotional:

If you have dreams or questions about tomorrow, commit them to the God of the future. If your dream doesn't come true, it's only because God has something even better in store.
Trust the past to the mercy of God, the present to his love, and the future to his providence.
--Augustine

If you would like to sign up to receive the daily devotional or learn more click Dr. David Jeremiah

Father God- Thank you for this beautiful day, for the blessing of teaching that is true to your Word and for opening my heart to learn more about You.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment