For the times I want to remember and share with others.

Friday, February 4, 2011

The little things

This morning as we got into the car to head to school/work my youngest says, "Did you smell the wind mom?  It was awesome!"  And you know what, I had not smelled the wind so I took her word for it.

When I reflect on the little things in life I realize how much of life is the little things and I'm missing it!  Now, I don't mean smelling the wind necessarily, but the sunset, full moon, new socks, the ability to have a cupboard filled with food, laughter, a small touch from my spouse, a smile from a child, noticing some one's new hair cut and making a comment.  Those moments may seem insignificant until we don't have them.

What if I couldn't see and didn't have the option to see the sunset, a full moon or a smile.

What if I couldn't hear and didn't notice the doorbell, a soft rain or laughter.

What if I lost my job and could no longer afford new socks or to fill my cupboards with food.

When I don't take note of the little things then I am really taking the bigger things for granted.  I am forgetting to thank my Provider for the blessings I have, I am not noticing the orchestrated beauty that He presents me with every day.

I need to remember to take time for the little things.... or shame on me when I miss them if they aren't there.

Father God- Thank you for this day of beauty and grace that you have provided for me.  You are all powerfull and all knowing and God you know the prayers of my heart, before I know them.  I thank you God for reminding me to be thankful for everything in my life, please open my eyes to the wonders and blessings right in front of me.  In Jesus' name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment